Pokemon Paldean Fates: Shiny, Shiny and more Shiny!
It is that time of year again where we wait in anticipation for the English release of 2023s Special Set! Which will unironically be distributed by retailers in early 2024...
Never the less, Paldean Fates is upon us! Following the naming convention of previous Special Sets, fans and collectors had this name sussed out as soon as we saw the reveal of the new Shiny Charizard with the set code: PAF
With this sort of aesthetic and move names like Infernal Reign and Burning Darkness, is anyone complaining? Well of course, but we don't listen to negativity when Pokemon Co. are dishing out stonkers like this!
We expect to see Paldean Fates hit shelves and doorsteps between January & Febuary 2024.
Thanks to Pokebeach's info we can confirm the following:
"The spotlight glistens on Shiny Pokémon making their fated return to the Pokémon TCG! Shiny Pikachu blazes the path forward as Tinkaton, Ceruledge, Dondozo, and more than 100 other Shiny Pokémon follow. Meanwhile, Great Tusk and Iron Treads appear as Ancient and Future Pokémon ex, and Charizard, Forretress, and Espathra show off their own unique skills as Shiny Tera Pokémon ex. Shed some light and discover sparkling wonders in the Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates expansion!"
The set breakdown is as follows:
- More than 240 cards.
- More than 130 Shiny Pokemon, including shiny Pikachu, shiny Ceruledge, shiny Tinkaton, shiny Dondozo, and shiny Tatsugiri.
- 11 Shiny Pokémon ex, including Tera Charizard ex, Tera Forretress ex, and Tera Espathra ex.
- Seven Pokémon ex and three Tera Pokémon ex, including Great Tusk ex, Iron Treads ex, and Espathra ex.
- Three illustration rare cards featuring Shiny Pokémon and eight special illustration rare cards featuring Shiny Pokémon ex or Supporter cards.
- Six hyper rare cards of select Pokémon ex, featuring a new and unique raised foil effect.
- A handful of full-art Supporter cards.
This is the third English set to feature “Fates” in its name, following 2019’s Hidden Fates and 2021’s Shining Fates. In Japan, their corresponding sets all featured “Shiny” in their names.
Keep your eyes peeled for our pre-order listings as ever, Japan2UK will have you covered with a wide array of products for the Paldean Fates set release!
If you absolutely can't wait and you need your shiny pokemon fix before the year is through, your next best bet is the Japanese Special Set Shiny Treasure EX which is one of our most anticipated Japanese Booster Boxes since the beginning of the Scarlet & Violet era given that this is our first S&V era end of year set!
I'm not drooling, you're drooling!
Team Japan2UK <3